A Closer Look Into Pipe Relining
One of the most dreaded, labour intensive, and expensive maintenance to have done on your house or business property is the repair or even the replacement of pipes. So why pipe relining?
Often these are unexpected problems as very few people know what kind of drainage system they are inheriting deep underground… until it’s too late! However, there is an easy, cost-effective, and far less invasive way to repair damaged pipes, while guaranteeing durability!
Let us introduce you to the benefits of pipe relining!
Pipe relining is cutting edge technology that repairs, restores, and renews the inner walls of deteriorated and/or failing water pipes or drainage systems. The relining of your pipes is a long-term solution which is currently saving our client’s time, and most importantly, money. In this blog we will be outlining the basics of what pipe relining is, what the benefits/advantages of pipe relining are and when pipe relining should be considered.
When to consider relining your pipes
Damaged pipes are a far more common problem than you would imagine and require immediate attention by trained professionals. This is where the benefits of pipe relining really come into their own.
Pipe Relining and its 6 main benefits
- TIME: Save time and money with state-of-the-art pipe relining methods.
- STRENGTH AND DURABILITY: This is a lifelong, durable solution that doesn’t require extensive and costly maintenance or repair.
- ECOLOGICALLY FRIENDLY: Our pipe relining techniques contribute to green living and practices that help conserve our precious resources like water and energy.
- TRACE: Track and trace underground networks and potential future problems before they have even occurred, saving time and money long term
- NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE: Thorough inspections before work commences to give you an accurate idea of cost and how much time it will take. Any drain, any place, and any time!
- NO TRENCH/DIG TECHNOLOGY: Saving you the costly and lengthy exercise of digging up your beautiful lawn or even removing fixtures in the garden and homes to access pipes to replace them. Very minimal digging is done and pipe relining is a neat, clean supervised exercise that will impress even the most avid gardener and/or house proud person. ‘Trenchless’ pipe restoration solutions mean we can replace your drain-pipes without the need for digging/chopping or destroying any area of your home or business. This makes pipe relining a more cost-effective and less intensive method than traditional ‘dig and replace’ pipe repair methods. In turn, the ‘trenchless’ solution leads to far less ‘downtime’ in your home and greater productivity in your work-place.
What are some of the advantages of Pipe Relining?
- Time efficiency
- Less invasive digging
- Clean-up is easier and quick
- Strength and Durability for years to come, sometimes even outlasting your original pipes
- Wide range of applications to suit every need
- Thermal resistant
- Moisture insensitivity
- Ecologically friendly
- More cost-effective than conventional
- Rapid set time
- Product Data Sheet
- Safe for drinkable water and environment (NSF 14 & 61 Approved)
- Withholds up to 200psi
- Works on any size pipe from 75mm to 1500mm, and 100 meters in length
- Customisable coat application
Now that you are convinced that pipe relining is the cheapest, most labour effective and by far the most logical way to go when repairing/replacing pipes in your home or business property, we need to get to the nitty-gritty of pipe relining, the part that will BLOW YOUR MIND!
Is Pipe Relining a modern procedure?
Pipe relining is a relatively modern, non-invasive maintenance procedure to repair existing, damaged pipelines that may need to be replaced. Our team of professional, extensively trained plumbing experts, will do a thorough investigation of the site and the plumbing. The damage and obstructions along your pipeline will be assessed and the problems will be identified, noted, and discussed with you. Finally, a quote will be given to you, our valued customer.
Simply put, pipe relining attempts to repair your pipes by curing them from the inside using a special resin, which cures with time to form another strong (in some cases, even stronger than the original) pipe.
Put in the research
It is up to YOU now to do your research and approach us with a myriad of questions to instill the confidence in yourself that we have in our product and workmanship. You can rest easy knowing with confidence that pipe relining will not only save you money but also that it will be a choice that will last you far longer, with far less maintenance than the ‘old fashioned, expensive’ way of repairing and eventually replacing the patched up pipes.
This in itself will save you a HUGE amount of easily avoidable stress and worry. And let’s be honest, living in this crazy, unsure time that we live in at the moment amongst the unsurety of lockdown, we are ALL looking to simplify our lives AND save money (without compromising on quality) as much as possible.
Run a comparison
Once you have compared what the cost of replacing the original pipes or even just doing ‘patchwork jobs’ to resolve the immediate issue, these temporary solutions are guaranteed to pop up again, and will end up costing you even more in the long term as these original pipes continuing to degrade at an alarming rate through wear and tear and corrosion, not to mention the inconvenience to your business and home where you will be out of action for days while this labour-intensive digging and pipe replacement is done, with no guarantee that they will last.
Move forward with a strategic approach
Once you have decided to trust us fully, we will approach you with a strategy to fix all broken pipes as quickly and as efficiently as possible. After all, we all know that downtime in the business trade translates directly to a loss of income. Why not let us remove these obstacles and handle the mucky bits while you get on with the important elements of your own life?
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about those of you who need more detail!
In pipe relining, the resin is the key to curing the pipe. A resin-saturated felt tube made from a suitable material (generally polyester or fiberglass) for resin impregnation, is inserted into a damaged pipe. This resin then hardens and forms another pipe within the damaged pipe. The insertion of the resin-impregnated material takes place from an access point that is upstream. Inserting from a downstream access point is possible, but it is riskier and therefore avoided. Depending on your specific pipe rehabilitation needs, we offer cured-in-place lining, UV lining, inversion lining, barrier, and epoxy coating.
At Pipe Relining Cape Town, we rehabilitate pipes ranging from 75mm – 1500mm in diameter, and we offer several choices when addressing the tricky art of dealing with junctions. From stack pipes, collapsed lines underground or beneath concrete, there is nothing too big for us to handle.
The short answer is YES! From small, persistent leaks, to unexpected, large pipe bursts, there are many instances when pipe relining will be the best option. Pipe Relining specialists like Pipe Relining Cape Town can reline any pipe sizes ranging from 75mm to 1500mm.
Changes in temperature, root intrusion and poor plumbing and maintenance are some of the biggest causes of pipe erosion. Seeking help from under-experienced or incompetent plumbers, or even fixing the plumbing on your own, can also lead to broken pipes and even more extensive problems down the line. Rather use highly regarding plumbers like Absolute Plumbing or Pipe Relining Cape Town who specialize in pipe relining to avoid causing any further damage.
“There is no job is too little or too large for Pipe Relining Cape Town” – Chris Maujean
If you’re looking for a ‘no-dig’ solution to repairing and renewing broken sewers and drainage pipes, be sure to contact the professionals at Pipe Relining Cape Town. You can do so by dropping us an email on email@example.com or by subscribing to our YouTube channel for tips on how to avoid pipe erosion.