We know water leaks are a nightmare. Water leaks are costly, messy and stressful!
If you have been frantically searching for “leak detection plumbers near me” online, you’ve come to the right place, as we offer fast, reliable and affordable leak detection in Cape Town.
Not sure if you have a leak? Take a look at our tips and tricks below to help you find hidden leaks in your home.
Let’s avoid this from happening, shall we?
Leaks left unattended cause huge financial losses, pose a health risk to you and your family, cause structural damage, water contamination and fires due to electrical equipment short-circuiting.
DIY Leak Detection Tips Just For You
Are you wondering how do I check for leaks on my own property? Here are our top 5 leak detection tips:
1. Check your water meter
Turn off all running water in your home and garden. Turn off all taps and switch off the washing machine and dishwasher. Go to your water meter and watch the low flow indicator. It is usually a little triangle or wheel that spins when water is in use or leaking. If the low flow indicator is turning, you have a leak, and you need Pipe Relining Cape Town to conduct a leak detection immediately.
2. Check for a leak in your toilet
Did you know that a leaking toilet wastes over 30 000 litres of water per month! Toilet leaks can drastically increase your water bill. Here is a simple trick that will help you conduct a leak detection on your toilet:
- Drop a few drops of food colouring into your cistern (toilet water tank) to dye the water a different colour.
- Wait 30 minutes, don’t flush the toilet.
- After 30 minutes, check to see if the water in the bowl has changed colour. If it has, you have a leak.
3. Take a look at your water bill
Look at your water bills for the past six months and see if your monthly usage has slowly increased. If your water use habits haven’t changed, your bill should stay reasonably consistent month to month. If your water bill has slowly or drastically increased without explanation, then it’s likely you have a leak.
4. Inspect your home
Can you have a water leak and not know it? Yes, it’s very common to have hidden leaks. You may struggle to detect a leak in your home as often the leak is underground and impossible to see. Plumbing leak detection is best left to professionals, but here are a few things you can look out for around your home and garden that could signal a leak:
- The sound of running water
- A warm spot on the floor or wall
- Discoloured, wet or spongey walls or floors
- Rising damp
- Vegetation growing unevenly in your garden
5. Leak detection for pools and jacuzzis
If you notice any of the following about your pool or jacuzzi, don’t wait. Call Pipe Relining Cape Town immediately for a professional pool leak detection:
- Losing more than 4mm of water from your pool, jacuzzi or spa over 24 hours
- Cracks in your pool deck, shell or tiling
- Faster than normal algae growth after chemically treating the water
- Grass/vegetation growing unevenly around your pool
If you find any of the above signs of a leak, don’t wait. Call Pipe Relining for affordable, professional and reliable leak detection in Cape Town. Click here to book your appointment with our leak detection specialists.
Behind the Scenes Look at Leak Detection In Cape Town
What is leak detection?
Leak detection is a process used by plumbers to determine if and where a leak has occurred in your home, garden or pool.
We offer state of the art leak detection in Cape Town; our three main methods are:
- Leak Detection with Thermal Imaging: A handheld device designed to find hot water leaks in walls, ceilings and floors.
- Acoustic Leak Detection: Tiny microphones detect a leak by picking up the sound of running water or water hissing out of a small hole at high pressure.
- Gas Seeking Machine: Hydrogen gas is pumped through your pipes, and a snooper sniffs out exiting gas to locate your leak.
How accurate is leak detection?
When a professional leak detection company conducts leak detection, it is over 90% accurate. Because it is so precise, Pipe Relining Cape Town won’t have to dig for hours to find your leak, and we pledge to leave you home in a better state than we found it.
How can you benefit from leak detection?
Here are the reasons you should choose Pipe Relining Cape Town to conduct your leak detection:
- Saves you money: Finding hidden leaks will save you money on your water bill, and our efficient leak detection methods mean you’ll save on labour costs.
- Saves you time: Our leak detection methods will find your leak quickly without us having to dig for hours on end.
- Reduced Mess: Our plumbing leak detection methods are non-invasive, so we don’t have to disrupt your home unnecessarily to find your leak.
- Modern technology: Pipe Relining Cape Town is dedicated to bringing you the latest plumbing technology designed to find your leak quickly and easily, saving you valuable time and money.
Now that you know how to find a leak in your home and the importance of leak detection, it’s time to get in touch. For fast, professional and stress-free leak detection in Cape Town, contact Pipe Relining Cape Town today. Visit our contact page to book an appointment with one of our leak detection specialists.